PEOPLES BANK NOTICES
The term “noninterest-bearing transaction account” includes a traditional checking account or demand deposit account on which the insured depository institution pays no interest. It also includes Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTAs). It does not include other accounts, such as traditional checking or demand deposit accounts that may earn interest, NOW accounts, and money-market deposit accounts.
For more information about temporary FDIC insurance coverage of transaction accounts, visit http://www.fdic.gov
Notice of ATM/Night Deposit Facility User Precautions
As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
For your own safety, be careful. The following suggestions may be helpful.
1. Prepare for your transactions at home (for instance, by filling out a deposit slip) to minimize your time at the ATM night deposit facility.
2. Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM or night deposit facility. Always save your ATM receipts. Don’t leave them at the ATM or night deposit facility because they may contain important account information.
3. Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
4. Don’t lend your ATM card to anyone.
5. Remember; do not leave your card at the ATM. Do not leave any documents at a night deposit facility.
6. Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Don’t tell anyone your PIN. Don’t give anyone information regarding your ATM card of PIN over the telephone. Don’t write your PIN where it can be discovered. For example, don’t keep a note of your PIN in your wallet or purse.
7. Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view.
8. If you lose your ATM card or if it is stolen, promptly notify us. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic fund transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
9. When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM or night deposit facility, particularly if it is after sunset. At night, be sure that the facility (including the parking area and walkways) is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you when you use the facility, especially after sunset. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM or night deposit facility.
10. Don’t accept assistance from anyone you don’t know when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
11. If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transition, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
12. Don’t display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home, or other secure surroundings.
13. At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all of the windows are rolled up. Except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
14. We want the ATM and night deposit facility to be safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For instance, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the operator of the facility and the local law enforcement officials immediately.
You may contact Peoples Bank by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-806-794-0044 or by mail at 5820 82nd Street, Lubbock, Texas 79424
What Information We Collect
We are permitted under the law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to “nonaffiliated third parties” (i.e. third parties that are not members of our corporate family) in certain circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to such third parties to assist us is servicing your loan or account with us; to government entities in response to subpoenas; and to credit bureaus. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to any other third parties, except as permitted by law.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become and inactive customer, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
Our Security Procedures: WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
The Peoples Bank is chartered under the laws of the state of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Peoples Bank should contact the Texas Department Of Banking through one of the means indicated below:
In person or U.S. Mail: 2601 North Boulevard, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78705-4294
Telephone Number: 877-276-5554
Fax Number: 512-475-1313